I love matcha best for the amazing health benefits, but I cant ignore the fact that it has become somewhat ‘trendy’ over the past few months. If you look long enough, you’ll find matcha flavored anything.
This is good because, well matcha is life! But this could also be bad because the quality is easily compromised for mass production. This is a whole other topic which I will touch on in another post.
Here is how I made this delicious matcha loaf.
• 1 cup All-purpose flower
• 1 teaspoon of baking powder
• 2/3 cups of sugar
• ½ cup of butter
• 2 eggs
• ¼ Cup of milk
• 1 tablespoon of matcha powder
• Mix the butter and sugar until it has a creamy consistency.
• Add in all other ingredients and mix until smooth.
• Add a bit more milk if your mixture is too hard.
• Butter your choice of baking tin
• Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
• Cook for 35 minutes