Dairy Free Chocolate Mousse
My sweet tooth can be a serious problem for me if not controlled properly. I consider myself somewhat of a chocoholic, so when I first came across this idea I’ll admit, I didn’t think it would taste quite right, but I was so wrong. This mousse came out perfect and I look forward to making it a staple dessert in my house. The short list of healthy plant based vegan ingredients used to make this delicious mousse might come as a surprise. Who would have thought a chocolate mousse could be this healthy? If there was a list of the worlds healthiest desserts, this one would be right up there on the list!
- 1 large sweet potatoe
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 2 blocks of unsweetened dark chocolate
- 5 pitted dates
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp maple syrup/honey/agave (Any sweetener of your preference)
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake the sweet potatoe (with skin) for approximately 1 hour or until tender.
- Once it is tender, the skin should peel away easily. Remove the skin and put the sweet potatoe into a pot.
- On medium heat, add your milk, sweetener, chocolate blocks and salt. Mix it all in together until you have a blended consistency and the chocolate is completely melted.
- Add this mixture to your blender along with the dates and cacao powder and blend until smooth.
- You can enjoy it as is, or leave it in the fridge for afew hours to enjoy it cold.
If you decide to give this a try, come back and let me know what you think!