Sweet and Savory Granola
Happy New Year!
2017 was great, but I have a really good feeling about 2018. There is something about the new year that brings hope, motivation and determination. I am a firm believer in the power of your words, whether spoken or written. Therefore, for me the new year is the perfect time to write down a detailed list of things I would like to achieve or work towards. Stay tuned for a blog post where I’ll go into more detail about my 2018 goals, not only for Bay and Yarrow but in other areas of my life too.
If you have been following Bay and Yarrow for a while, you will know that I love me some granolaaaa! I eat it with smoothie bowls, yogurt, or even by itself as a snack. Its perfect with a nice cup of tea. It is the perfect balance between a sweet treat and a healthy snack. Whenever I make this at home, it doesn’t last very long since I cant keep my hands away from it. It is that good!
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats (Quick oats is not recommended)
- ¼ cup of honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ cup of almond or peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp ground flax seeds
- ½ cup of crushed almonds (Optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl making sure everything is evenly spread.
- On a baking tray lined with parchment paper, spread your granola mix as evenly as possible.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Once removed from the oven, it will be soft, don’t worry that’s what we want. Let it sit for a few minutes to cool and harden.